Make an impact! Join our Volunteer Team.
Our volunteer program is a great way to get active, learn about our community, and be part of making a difference with a group of like minded people.
To sign up, go to Shiftboard.com/svdpsf
Email our Volunteer Coordinator Anjali Ruvalcba at firstname.lastname@example.org
415-977-1270, extension 3018
The purpose of our programs is to create projects that allow our community to help us meet our goals of:
- Feeding those who are hungry
- Clothing people who have no clothes
- Sheltering and supporting people in our community through our Wellness approach, through integrative services
The members of the team:
- Individuals—we have many opportunities for people looking to get started on their own or with a friend. All of our projects are group-based allowing for a fun environment to get involved with a variety of people
- Small groups or teams—we have specific projects that are great for small groups to get involved and build camaraderie. Host a bingo night, an ice cream social, or come down to our Wellness Center and prepare a meal. A great way to strengthen a group by having fun and doing something good
- Corporate teams—If your office group or team has 20-50 people, we have some larger projects that you can get done in a day. Whether you prep our shelter from bottom to top for our evening service, host a hygiene kit assembly or sandwich making party at your office, or lead a book or food drive for your team—we have opportunities that can bring people together.
The projects we offer:
- Serving dinner in our shelter
- Helping out in our shelter’s laundry room and computer lab
- Handing out clothing at our Help Desk and interacting with clients
- Cooking meals for our Wellness Center clients
- Participating in our shelter’s ice cream socials, bingo nights, and karaoke!
- And many more…
How to get started:
- We schedule our volunteer team online. This makes it easy for volunteers to manage their volunteering schedules and makes communicating with the team a lot easier.
- Please fill out a registration form on our site: Shiftboard.com/svdpsf
We look forward to the great work we will do together!